One of the most common questions any realtor will hear is when is the best time of year to buy a home? The simple answer is when you find the home that you want, but each season does offer different advantages. This is especially the case when you consider Jersey Shore Real Estate in Atlantic City, Ventnor, Margate, Longport, and Brigantine.
Down the Jersey Shore, summer is the peak time of year for tourism. It also represents a busy time of year for real estate transactions. There are more home listings so buyers have many more options. Also, and this can’t be overstated, you’ll get an opportunity to see what Ventnor or Margate is like in the summer or check out the chill vibe in Brigantine. Then, you can decide which atmosphere is right for you.
However, you should also know that the summer months also mean that there is more competition. There are much more people who are looking for homes this time of year, so you could potentially end up in a bidding war. This is why it’s so important to make a fair and adequate offer on a home as soon as you decide on one. If you fell in love with one of the premier properties in Longport, NJ or Atlantic City, there may be others out there who did as well.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Hire a Realtor with Experience Buying and Selling Homes down the Jersey Shore
- Check Listings Daily as New Homes Go on the Market all of the Time
- Make Sure You Have Your Finances in Order and Know How Much You Can Afford
- Remain in Constant Contact with Your Real Estate Agent about New Happenings and Concerns
- Determine If You Want a Move-in Ready Home or Would Be Ok with Completing Renovations Before You Move In
- Work with Your Real Estate Agent to Prepare a List of Questions You Have about the House
- Ask Yourself Whether the House or the Location Is the Most Important Factor for You
The truth is that summer can be a great time of year to buy a home if you’re ready. There are many listings on the market, and the weather is nice, making it easier to house hunt. However, the colder months have their advantages as well. If you are even thinking about buying a home, we encourage you to contact our office today to discuss your options and see where you’re at on the road to finding the home of your dreams.